A Letter to my First Born....

To my first love,

It's been you, your dad, and I for so long now that I can't imagine anything different. The past four and half years of you being the only baby has been the most amazing time. Getting to know just you, and helping mold you into the most perfect little human has been my greatest honor. Our days spent coloring or building forts, playing and imaging, or just being lazy on the sofa together, just you and I, will be coming to an end soon.

Now as I sit and write this, there is another little person growing inside me, and the thought hasn't quite kicked in yet, that it won't be just you anymore. You'll have to share me, and because of that I don't want you to ever question how much I love you. I never want you to feel like you're being neglected or left out, because I could never do that to my first born. You are the one who made me a mom, and showed me a love that I never thought imaginable. You are the reason I have learned such a never ending patience. And you are the reason I am a better person today. You make me want to be so much more because I want to give you a happy childhood filled with so much love and laughter.

Life is going to be a lot different, but in more good ways than not. We are in for a lot of changes, and I know you'll be confused at times. Please forgive me if I snap at you, or make you feel like you have to wait for my attention, because a baby is a lot of work. Mama will be very tired for a while, but that doesn't mean I wont always be there for you.

I know you are going to be the most amazing big brother. You'll now have someone to help mold and teach. Someone who's going to learn how to be the kindest, sweetest, generous person because he'll have you to look up to. You are going to have a new partner in crime and you'll have to teach him all the ways to play. Show him how to be a super hero and save the day from crime. How to be a builder and make the best blanket forts. Teach him how to construct Lego towers and roar like a dragon. And how to give the very best snuggles.

You are so full of love, and have brought so much joy to our lives. Because of that I know that you'll have so much love to give to your new baby brother. We'll all love together and grow together, and I can't wait to start creating new memories as a family of four. Thank you sweetheart for making me a mom.

I love you to the moon and back,
Mama.


Comments

Popular Posts